Monday, October 21, 2013

Pinterest-ing Weekend

So this weekend was pretty amazing. I went to the Natural History Museum (and discovered the a giant sloth existed!), explored two new canyons and did some fun Pinterest projects.

I have been feeling crafty lately and decided to work on some small Pinterest projects. I started with sprucing up some boring shoes. Pretty simple.
1. Clean off the bottom of your shoes with nail polish remover
2. Paint on a couple of coats of any nail polish where you would like. I started with plain nude pumps, added purple nail polish to the soles and heels, and then added a final glitter coat.
3. Clear coat when you are done.
That's it! Its that simple! Now I haven't worn them out yet, but I am very excited to!


Some other things I explored on Pinterest were budgeting ideas and holiday gift ideas. I have a few good ones narrowed down so we will see how people like their gifts! (I will post pics after get them done) I also discovered a very inexpensive way to make a headboard for my bedroom! Using cardboard instead of plywood will make it lighter, easier to make without tools and easy and light weight when We move out of this apartment! I will post that one when I make it too.

I will keep this post short. I hope you all had great weekends! There are still a few weekends left to go explore something new outside! Also, as for meeting new people here in SLC, I did not meet anyone new, but I have convinced Jeff to do a Meetup soon; baby steps!


The Giant Sloth! 

For some inexplicable reason, I feel the need to have this in my home one day. It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment