Monday, October 14, 2013

My First Blog Post

Today I am going to start a blog. And tomorrow I am going to post again. I think I will try to commit to posting Monday-Thursday every week. I need something to commit to and get excited about. I want it to be something I am passionate about. I want it to express who I am.

So who am I? My name is Haley, and I am a 90%er. I am great at starting things and terrible about sticking with them. That is what I will try to work on here. My follow through. That will be seen only with time - but I need to make it happen and stop talking about it.So I am an interior designer, or at least that is what I studied to do. Right now I am in my first sales position, selling Window Treatments. Like blinds, shutters, draperies, valances, that kind of thing. And you know what is crazy? I like it, and I am good at it. I get to go into peoples homes, that I could never afford and would never want, but I get to see these homes and see how people are living around me. When I am in these homes, I get to add the personal touch of the owner and make their space more comfortable for them, make it feel like home to them. That is pretty cool in my book.

I hope to eventually open my own Design Showroom. I want to have some retail goods that are unique and made my people in my shop. I will also offer design services, so I can still explore other peoples homes and bring them more than just window treatments. Make their space reflect their personalities, their tastes and their style. It is one of my favorite things to do. I want my design company to have a website, and I want to put fresh content there regularly, hence my interest in starting a blog now.

I am also a BeachBody Coach. I help people get out of their comfort zone so they can feel comfortable in their own skin. I love helping people make the shift from inner beauty to a full body beauty. I love feeling comfortable in my skin (and most days I really do feel that comfort) and I think everyone should feel the freedom of loving their body. I want to help them accomplish this in a healthy way. I know BeachBody can give that gift to people, and I love being a part of that process.

Personally? Well, personally I am a wife of the most amazing husband that I couldn't imagine being without. We have been dating over 7 years now and married just over 1. He has taken me on the most wonderful adventures, with more to come for sure. We recently packed up our lives and moved across the country, from Cleveland, Ohio to Salt Lake City, Utah. We followed our passion and our dreams of living in the mountains, and fully adopting an outdoor lifestyle. We are a work in progress, but have been more active since we moved here than ever before. I am so happy to be having this adventure with him and I can't wait to see where life takes us next.

I don't have a plan for this blog yet, so bear with me as I discover what this will become for me. I will post about all things I am passionate about including fitness, nutrition, DIY design, and the outdoor life. I hope you enjoy the ride! I know I will enjoy the self-discovery! Here I am - where I will go will be determined by me and time!

No comments:

Post a Comment